Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Importance of Being "Ernest"

I started working at the ripe age of 14. I started out cleaning houses, sharing a paper route with my older sister, and babysitting on a regular basis. When I was 16, I started working at the 50's Grill. I stayed on there for almost 8 years with a smattering of other jobs woven into those 8 years. I was used to having a schedule set out for me, showing up for my shift, working my shift, punching out, and going home. Now, I am an independent contractor, or for a more glamorous title, which I am ALWAYS a bigger fan of, a freelance makeup artist. I work with a company called Resolutions Lifestyle Makeup. I actually have a few different responsibilties. I work as a makeup artist selling our AMAZING products (*hint hint*), selling, and promoting our makeup classes, and assisting the owner and founder, Julie.
I always thought I was a self-motivated worker. I was wrong. No, scratch that. I think it's just a different sort of work. If I want to get paid, I have to be a walking, talking, marketing sign for my company. I LOVE it. When people compliment me on my makeup, I whip out a business card and with a bright smile, launch into a quick speal. My second favorite thing besides doing the makeup is selling the classes. I love launching into how "great!" our classes are and " how I think you should totally sign up!"
So, to end this post that I wrote because I thought the title was clever, it is so important to be ernest. Especially when selling someone that "chiclet" of eyeshadow, buys me milk for the week! Oh so glamorous, yes, yes I know.

2 comments:

  1. If any one can sell make up it's you, my dear! I hope this is something that you continue to enjoy. I think it's a job that highlights several of the wonderful aspects of your personality- your enthusiasm, your love of people, and your love of all things glamourous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s. If you ever want to switch up your blog title photo I can send you some of the ones we took last fall. :)

    ReplyDelete